Paint & Panel Bodyshop Awards
How does your shop measure up with this year’s Bodyshop Award winners? Well, tune in to our virtual awards on 12 November at 5:30pm to find out.
For the second year and hopefully the last, we’ve had to forgo out usual glittering night of nights awards presentation in favour of a virtual presentation. This year the awards will be hosted live by a celebrity comedian (to be announced soon) and Paint & Panel editor Sam Street.
We had amazing feedback on last year’s virtual awards and this year’s will be even more interactive and fun. Usually we announce the state best shop winners at the end of judging but this year, once again, we will be keeping ‘mum’ and announcing all of the winners on the night, including all the best practice winners (Best Workplace, Digital Excellence etc).
We encourage you to get in the beers and some team grub and tune in. We’ll be setting up live links with finalists, winners and sponsors and of course revealing the national winners in the Boutique, Medium, Large and New categories as well as the national Best Country Repairer.
Most impressive team
There will also be a $500 Dan Murphy’s voucher up for grabs for the best team photo - which we leave open to your imagination. It could be team outfits or decorations, we will wait to be impressed when you send your photos in on the night.
Register now for the free virtual event | Friday 12 November | 5:30PM AEST
- Best New Shop
- Best Boutique Shop
- Best Medium Shop
- Best Large Shop
- Best Country Repairer
- Best Dealer Owned Shop
- Best New Dealer Owned Shop
- Best MSO
- Best Independent Commercial Vehicle Repairer
- Axalta Business Excellence Award
- Best Customer Experience
- Innovation Award
- Digital Excellence
- Operational Excellence
- Best Workplace
- Best Training & Development
- Best Corporate Shop
- Young Achiever
- Rising Star
How the nomination process works
Anyone from the repair industry (such as paint and equipment suppliers, insurers, customers etc) can nominate a shop for any of our award categories or you can self-nominate.
Nominations are now closed.
Each nomination is considered on its own merits - it doesn't matter whether it has been nominated multiple times or just once.
Shops without websites will not be considered for judging. You will be notified by email that you have been nominated and asked to give us more details about your business and confirm which categories you wish to be considered for.
There are four categories for the best bodyshop awards which are based on your annual turnover - these have been reduced this year in certain states to acknowledge the effect of lockdowns:
Boutique: Up to $3m WA/SA/NT/TAS for NSW/QLD $2,700,00 for VIC $2,400,00
Medium: Between $3m - $5m No medium category in SA & WA. NSW & QLD Between $2,700,000 - $4,500,000, VIC between $2,400,000 - $4m.
Large: $5m+ SA/WA/NT/TAS. NSW/QLD $4,500,000+ VIC $4m+.
New: This is either a new build or a shop which has been substantially renovated within the last18 months.
What is the judging criteria?
Here are the basics that a shop must comply with in order to be considered.
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- Dedicated estimating space
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff development
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Green initiatives
- Solid recycling program including thinners
- A website
- Efficient office organisation
- Clean toilets
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups
- Marketing program which connects with customers and work providers, social media involvement
- Bringing on the next generation – apprentices etc.
- Sustainable business practices such as solar installations and intelligent business planning
What do I get if I win?
Recognition by the whole industry. Your business will be profiled in the November issue of Paint & Panel magazine. As well as the physical award you will receive a winner’s logo to use in your marketing. You will also receive two tickets to the glittering night of nights awards presentation in Melbourne on 12 November.
Need more information? Check out our frequently asked questions: