Paint & Panel Bodyshop Awards
Every collision repair shop and their suppliers are invited to party on at the Paint & Panel Bodyshop Awards night on Friday 13 November from 5:30pm-7pm. All of the 2020 winners will be announced on the night via a livestream presentation.
As well as announcing the winners there will be competitions open to anyone watching to win prizes for Best Dressed From The Waist UP, Best Facial Hair, Best Hair Do. If you weren't involved in the awards this year it's your chance to have a 'sticky beak' at some of the finalists' businesses. We suggest (where Covid rules allow) that you watch the event with your team at your business and stick on the BBQ or order in some take out.
Thank you to everyone who tuned in. If you missed it you can watch the recording on demand here.
Best Shop categories:
- Best Boutique Shop
- Best Medium Shop
- Best Large Shop
- Best New Shop
- Best Dealer Owned Shop
- Best Country Repairer
- Best Heavy Vehicle Repairer
- Best MSO
Best Practice categories:
- Best Customer Experience
- Axalta Business Excellence Award
- Operational Excellence
- Best Training and Development
- Innovation Award
- Young Achiever
- Rising Star
- Digital Excellence
Nominations have now closed.
How the nomination process works
Anyone from the repair industry (such as paint and equipment suppliers, insurers, customers etc) can nominate a shop for any of our award categories or you can self-nominate.
Each nomination is considered on its own merits - it doesn't matter whether it has been nominated multiple times or just once.
Shops without websites will not be considered for judging. You will be notified by email that you have been nominated (we will be sending out weekly emails and we'll be asking you which size category you are in if you have been nominated for best shop (see below).
There are four categories for the best bodyshop awards which are based on your annual turnover:
Boutique: Up to $3m
Medium: Between $3m - $5m (NSW, QLD, VIC only)
New: This is either a new build or a shop which has been substantially renovated within the last18 months.
You will be asked to tell us what category you are in after the nominations have closed.
What is the judging criteria?
Here are the basics that a shop must comply with in order to be considered.
Comfortable customer facilities
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- Dedicated estimating space
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff development
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Green initiatives
- Solid recycling program including thinners
- A website
- Efficient office organisation
- Clean toilets
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups
- Marketing program which connects with customers and work providers, social media involvement
- Bringing on the next generation – apprentices etc.
- Sustainable business practices such as solar installations and intelligent business planning
Need more information? Check out our frequently asked questions: