The inbuilt intelligence of the Sape Gyspot inverter allows full automation, offering body shops the ability to increase efficiency: brass G-clamp with pneumatic over-opening, easy arm positioning without adjustment and a motorised overhanging arm providing a wide working area.
Sape claim it is the advanced machine for the active body shop; features include:
- light weight of 11.3kg with the G1 arm
- 80mm of automatic opening capacity (20mm at rest)
- manual over-opening of the arm for access to difficult areas (200mm release)
- brass clamp support and arm-base for optimal electrical contact
- double-action feature for quick arm removal without the use of tools
- automatic cooling connection
- remote-controlled clamp for opening, welding and adjustments
- lockable gyroscope, ball bearing, integrated into the clamp body
- high duty cycle (18 points/min)
Options include the G9 arm, which is suitable with auto mode and a single-point gun.
The adjustable overhanging arm extends 120 centimetres from the power source with rubber protections at the end of the moving parts. An offset balancer is kept away from the work area.
In automatic mode the machine recognises not only the steel type, but also the sheetmetal thickness, panel bond presence and any insulating material between HSS/VHSS/UHSS/Boron sheetmetal. A recording feature saves the characteristics of each welding spot performed to the SD card provided for proper traceability. Each report can be downloaded to a computer.
The unit itself is a re-inforced and manoeuvrable trolley with a 30 litre coolant tank. There is an expander on the front wheels for better stability, along with integrated 6-arm support.
Other important features include: welding current of 14,500 amp; a clamping force of 550daN with 8bar air pressure; liquid cooling of the entire transformer, rectifier, electrodes and caps; easy navigation using the 5.7” LCD screen; automatic adjustment of the pressure between electrodes; plus a spot count feature to determine when to change caps.
Combined with the flexibility of the Jollift 1330 bench a workshop can now equip each bay with its own fast repair bench. The repair bench includes: a 6 tonne pull post; 100mm lowered height; 1300mm lift height; plus 3000kg lift capacity.