This is the second year heavy vehicle repairers have their own category. We will include judging visits this year, unless the shop is to far from a major city in which case we will accept a video entry. We invite suppliers to nominate and we also encourage self-nomination.
Sponsors of this award City Hino said: "As a company, City Hino has been a long-time supporter of the heavy vehicle smash repair industry. In an ever-evolving market we have positioned ourselves as a premium supplier for our collision customers. Being a premium supplier means working with our customers to provide superior inventory, reducing turnaround times, having multiple express freighting options and team members that specialise in panel to enhance their repair business.
What we will be looking for:
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- The right equipment
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff training
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Green initiatives
- Fibreglass area
- Aluminium repair area
- Compliant paint room
- Approved chassis alignment equipment
- Compliant baking oven
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups
- Positive attitude towards the industry
- Initiatives to attract and nuture the next generation of the industry
- Marketing program which connects with customers, fleets and work providers, social media involvement
Last year's winner was Nathan's Truck and Trailer Smash Repairs.
What happens if I win?
You will be featured in the Paint & Panel magazine. You will also be flown (where appropriate) to receive your trophy at the Paint & Panel Awards dinner in Melbourne on 13 November 2020. Nominations close on 21 May. A video of your business will also be available for your use.
Best Heavy Vehicle Repairer award is proudly sponsored by: