Judging is via a Zoom tour
As with all of our awards you can be nominated by an industry supplier or self-nominate. We will be sending out reminders about when the entries close periodically. If your business is selected for judging we will be in touch to organise a time for a tour of the shop via Zoom - for which a smart phone or tablet is needed.
A number of finalists will be selected by judges Sam Street and Neil Powell and will be submitted to an expert judging panel who will select a national winner who will be announced at the gala awards presentation dinner in Melbourne on 11 November 2022.
Remember you can also nominate your business for any of the best practice awards.
What is the judging criteria?
Here are the basics that a shop must comply with in order to be considered.
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- Dedicated estimating space
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff development
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Green initiatives
- Solid recycling program including thinners
- A website/or regularly updated Facebook page
- Efficient office organisation
- Clean toilets
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups
- Marketing program which connects with customers and work providers, social media involvement
- Bringing on the next generation – apprentices etc.
- Sustainable business practices such as solar installations and intelligent business planning
What do I get if I win?
Recognition by the whole industry. If you are a finalist you will be appear in the Sept/Oct edition of the magazine. If you are the national winner you will be profiled November issue of Paint & Panel magazine. As well as the physical award you will receive a winner’s logo to use in your marketing.
You are a regional repairer if your shop is NOT located within 80km of:
2021 Bissell's Paint & Panel NSW
2020 Byron Bay Smash Repairs NSW
2019 Gary Presnell Bodyworks, TAS
2018 Caars Smash Repairs, VIC
2017 Ken Morely Smash Repairs, NSW
2016 McCarthy Panel Works, QLD
2015 Fleurieu Crash Repairs, SA