It's time for truck repairers to shine as the Paint & Panel Bodyshop Awards introduces a new award category for Best Heavy Vehicle Repairer for 2019. City Hino has stepped forward to sponsor this award. A spokesperson said: "As a company, City Hino has been a long-time supporter of the heavy vehicle smash repair industry. In an ever-evolving market we have positioned ourselves as a premium supplier for our collision customers. Being a premium supplier means working with our customers to provide superior inventory, reducing turnaround times, having multiple express freighting options and team members that specialise in panel to enhance their repair business.
"Having developed many professional friendships within the smash repair industry over the years it was an obvious choice that City Hino would be honoured to sponsor this unique event and support a highly important trade that has been closely intertwined with our business for almost four decades."
Entry is by video. Please submit a video of not more than six minutes showing the following.This video should show:
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- The right equipment
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff training
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Green initiatives
- Fibreglass area
- Aluminium repair area
- Compliant paint room
- Approved chassis alignment equipment
- Compliant baking oven
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups
- Positive attitude towards the industry
- Initiatives to attract and nuture the next generation of the industry
- Marketing program which connects with customers, fleets and work providers, social media involvement
You can upload your videos to YouTube and send us a link or send the video via a site such as Hightail or use a site similar to Dropbox. Please send your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Best Heavy Vehicle Repairer by 30 June.
What happens if I win?
You will be featured in the November issue of the magazine. You will also be flown (where appropriate) to receive your award at the Paint & Panel Awards dinner in Melbourne on 11 October 2019.