Autobody repair shops owned by dealer groups have a different business model to independently owned shops which is why this is a stand alone category. Judging will be either via Zoom or in person. A number of finalists will be selected and the overall winner will be determined by a panel of expert judges.
How does the nomination process work?
Anyone from the repair industry (such as paint and equipment suppliers, insurers, customers etc) can nominate a shop for any of our award categories or you can self-nominate.
Each nomination is considered on its own merits - it doesn't matter whether it has been nominated multiple times or just once.
How do I know if my shop has been nominated?
You will receive an email informing you and this will give you the choice of being involved in the awards or opting out. You will be directed to our awards portal where you will be requested to tell us a little bit more about the businesses.
What are the judging criteria?
Here are the basics that a shop must comply with in order to be considered.
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- Dedicated estimating space
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff development
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Efficient office organisation
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups, community involvement
- Marketing program which connects with customers and work providers, social media involvement
- Bringing on the next generation – apprentices etc.
- Sustainable business practices such as solar installations and intelligent business planning
What do I get if I win?
Recognition by the whole industry. If you are a finalist you will be appear in the Sept/Oct edition of the magazine. If you are the national winner you will be profiled November issue of Paint & Panel magazine. As well as the physical award you will receive a winner’s logo to use in your marketing.
2021 Best Dealer Shop
Northshore BMW, NSW
2020 Best New Dealer Shop
Autohaus Prestige, Silverwater NSW
2020 Best Dealer Shop
MBQ Autobody, Salisbury, QLD
2020 Zagame Autobody
2019 Macarthur Prestige Body Shop
2018 Peter Kittle Collision
Best Dealer Shop is proudly sponsored by: