Best Bodyshop awards determined by turnover above or below the figures listed here:
NSW/VIC under $4million/over $4 million
SA/NT/WA/QLD Under $3million/over $3million
TAS under $2 million/over $2 million
What is the judging criteria?
Here are the basics that a shop must comply with in order to be considered.
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- Dedicated estimating space
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff development
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Efficient office organisation
What scores extra points?
- Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
- Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
- Innovation in business practice
- Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups, community involvement
- Marketing program which connects with customers and work providers, social media involvement
- Bringing on the next generation – apprentices etc.
- Sustainable business practices such as solar installations and intelligent business planning
Judging will either be in person or via a Zoom tour. Judges Sam Street and Neil Powell will select finalists and those finalists will be announced online and in the Sept/Oct issue of the magazine. The finalists for the best shop awards will be submitted to an expert panel of judges. They will select a winner in each category in each state. They will also select the national winner in each of the two categories. These will be all be announced at the gala awards dinner on 11 November in Melbourne.
Best New Shop
This is a business that is newly built or substantially renovated in the 18 month period before the nominations open. A number of finalists will be selected and the expert judging panel will determine one national winner. See best shop criteria above.