How the nomination process works
Anyone from the repair industry can nominate a shop for any of our award categories or you can self-nominate. Each nomination is considered on its own merits - it doesn't matter whether it has been nominated multiple times or just once.
Shops without websites will not be considered for judging. You will be notified by email that you have been nominated (we will be sending out weekly emails and we'll be asking you which size category you are in if you have been nominated for best shop (see below).
There are four categories for the best bodyshop awards which are based on your annual turnover:
Boutique: Up to $3m
Medium: Between $3m - $5m (NSW, QLD, VIC only)
New: Is either a new build or substantially renovated within the last 18 months.
2019 Award Categories
Click on blue text to find out more.
Best shop (see above)
Best Dealer Owned Shop
Operational Excellence Award
Best Customer Experience
If your shop has won in any category previously you will not be considered for a minimum of two years for an award in the same category. You can, however, enter a different category. For instance if you won a new shop award last year, this year your shop could be nominated for a size-category. Or you won best medium shop in your state last year you could still nominate or be nominated for Best Customer Experience or for the Axalta Business Excellence Award or Innovation.
Here are the basics that a shop must comply with in order to be considered.
- Comfortable customer facilities
- A clean, tidy reception
- Good signage
- Dedicated estimating space
- Clean toilets
- Investment in the latest repair technology
- Organised equipment storage
- Organised parts area
- Robust training schedule for correct use of equipment to achieve repairs to manufacturers’ specifications
- Staff welfare
- A clean, healthy work environment
- Good OH&S procedure
- Staff training
- Acceptable staff facilities
- Green initiatives
- Solid recycling program including thinners
- Extra credit for water recycling, energy efficient equipment and other green initiatives
- A website
- Efficient office organisation
What scores extra points?
• Having a coherent vision for the future of your businesses
• Demonstrating how you have adapted your business to meet current challenges
• Innovation in business practice
• Involvement in the industry - trade associations or industry business groups
• Marketing program which connects with customers and work providers, social media involvement
How do I know if my business is in the running?
You will be notified if your shop is selected for judging and a time arranged for this. The judges visit your shop, the owner or manager shows the judges around, the judges take photographs and video and the process should take no longer than 40 minutes.
The judges only have two days in each state and try to see as many shops as possible and as such are inflexible on dates and times. We will publish the exact dates for each state shortly, these will range from the June to July.
When are the awards presented?
The awards presentation gala dinner takes place in Melbourne on 11 October 2019 which is open to everyone in the our industry. State winners and best practice award winners are all invited to attend. The national best shop winners in each category are announced on the night.
Good luck to all our 2019 nominees.