This week's episode of the Paint & Panel podcast, The Edge, tackles a subject close to everyone's heart in this industry - recruiting the right team members.
Recruitment is one of the biggest challenges we face in the collision repair industry. Young people have negative preconceptions about the way we work; so what can we do to prove them wrong and attract the best talent?
James Michael has the answer. James is the owner/founder of Justified Talent: a recruitment firm specialising in SMEs. He gave some great advice on what the industry can do to demonstrate we are modern, dynamic and a good career option for a bright young apprentice.
In this week’s episode you will learn:
- The psychology of recruitment
- Why “the ransom note of demands” doesn’t work for finding the right candidate
- The KPI of recruitment
- Why you should be up-front with wage/salary
- How to attract the younger generation into a trade
- How to project the personality of a company onto prospective candidates
- How to dispel doubts candidates might have about your repair shop
- How images and video can make a job advert more attractive
- Why a "command and control" boss doesn’t cut it with younger people anymore
- More information visit here.