Wayne Phipps started Wayne Phipps Smash Repairs (WPSR) back in March 1977 and he has built it into one of Perth’s most successful body shops. It was the first purpose-built panel shop in WA.
“I’m proud to say we have a great reputation for quality and service. We’re the ‘go to’ shop for many insurers when it comes to rectification work created by other repairers,” said Phipps
Over the years WPSR has won many industry awards – including Paint & Panel Bodyshop awards for best large bodyshop in WA and a national award for best customer experience. It was also crowned as Small Business Development Corp best business in the non-manufacturing category and best presented bodyshop in WA.
Phipps has sound business sense and saw the opportunity to specialise in 4x4 repairs very early on. His dedication to customer service includes recalling customer cars at regular intervals to check paint quality years after a car has been repaired.
Phipps has also been extremely active in the industry working to raise standards and the profile of the industry and help other repairers where he can.
He served 30 years on the MTA body repair division, a year of which he was President of MTA WA and is still on the committee. His contributions to industry include:
- Serving on the Motor Vehicle Industry Advisory Committee and Motor Vehicle industry Board, both Government Boards for a combination of 17 years.
- Board Member of the Motor Industry Foundation Wheels for Hope for six years.
- Divisional Chairman MTA WA for over a decade.
- AMBRA Chairman for 12 years.
- Code of Conduct committee
- Current Chairman of the Car Craft Group and has served on the board for 28 Years.
- Awarded life membership with the Swan Chamber of Commerce for his contribution to the community
- Awarded with a Lifetime achievement award for his contribution to industry .
Phipps had also run many seminars over the years assisting body repairers on subjects from quoting to understanding tax returns.